Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chevrolet 2011 Camaro SS Convertible

Ever since my parents bought a Pontiac G6 Hard Top Convertible I haven't been too crazy about convertibles in general. I tend to like small, quick cars as opposed to large and bulky, which is seemingly what the Camaro has been and will be. I dislike convertibles because being in the back seat is terrible, my experience has been with only two doors, which is what the Camaro is, and we've had terrible trouble with our soft top we had, and with the hard top control mechanism. Some specs of the 2011 Camaro Convertible - 6 Speed Manual @ 426HP. 0-60 is 4.9 seconds. The base models will run you $37,500 and up. I like the look of the car, but I don't like the price tag and interior of it. Like mustangs, I believe that the Camaro is cheap inside with hard plastics that easily scratch. The convertible is currently a soft top which I believe truly looks ugly when up, making it not a daily driver if you live anywhere with snow. My opinion on this car is that while it has substantial power, without the top down it doesn't look sleek and the price is ridiculous.

16 comments:

  1. Damn thats a nice car, pretty smooth style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty slick, too bad I do not know that much about cars, trying to get into it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That camaro is pretty tight. I much as I dig the power and beauty of sports care, I prefer the utility of vans and trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet ride. Bumblebee in red ;)
    I will get one like this once I win the lottery... any day now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the car but i like the hard top one better.

    i also run a blog about cars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! I would love to have one of these lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish they made more of those t birds in the 90's those cars were cut nice...i also dig the chrysler crossfire

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big fan of the new rounded super aero dynamic cars. I always enjoyed the boxed look of older cars and I'm digging the fusion of old and new American cars are trying lately with the Camaro and the Mustang and the Charger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @andy Yeah I really like the modern fusion stuff as well... That chevy truck, the thunderbird, and the charger for sure. I used to have an 84 charger hatchback. What a piece of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you exactly, plus convertibles aren't exactly the best investments out there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a jeep convertible which is becoming a liability...

    ReplyDelete
  12. not much of a vert man, but the camaro is pretty tight

    ReplyDelete