Wednesday, February 23, 2011

iPad 2


The iPad 2 is coming soon, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal that said the next-generation device is currently in production.
Citing "people familiar with the matter" the new slimmer, lighter iPad will include a faster processor, a camera, and more memory. The resolution of the display, however, won't get much of an upgrade from the existing model, the report said.
The fact that the iPad 2 is coming isn't groundbreaking news, however. Apple has a pretty consistent history of sticking to a one-year update cycle for many of its products. The first iPad hit stores last April, so it could be logically assumed that the new version is on its way.
The Apple rumor mill has a history of prolific, unconfirmed reports. Last week a "Reuters eyewitness" claimed to spot the new iPad at the launch of News Corp.'s iPad-only newspaper, The Daily.
iPad accessory makers have also fueled the rumor fire, with several companies churning out cases that have features like an opening for a camera (which the current iPad lacks) or a space for a larger speaker. But as as PC Mag noted recently, these reports should be taken with a grain of salt. Apple rarely, if ever, comments on rumors. Not surprisingly, an Apple spokesperson declined to comment on the WSJ report.
The iPad has been the dominant tablet on the market, selling 14.8 million units in the nine months since its release, according to Apple. iPad sales made up 17 percent of Apple's revenue in the last quarter, totaling $4.6 billion, the company recently said in an earnings report.

44 comments:

  1. I have buyed my IPad for a week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raini, no problem. Just sell it... or return it where you bought it. Apple products have a very high re-sell value.
    But I would suggest you wait until the presentation to decide if you really need the new iPad. Maybe it does nto have something you would want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked Apple to be honest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I don't see the point of an IPAD, I have a netbook! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple fan will go crazy for it, slim tablet is alwasy better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. meh, it's pretty cool i'd want one if it wasn't going to cost a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. The slimmer the better eh? haha I never understood Apple fanboyism.. but maybe there's something to it... who knows..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I was checking some iPads... but i dunno.. it doesnt has usb :S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once the costs go down and the functionality goes up, I might consider some sort of pad. I'd pretty much want one that did everything from TV remote to blending strawberry daiquiris while letting me get online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd still rather go Android.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ipads or anypad device are a hokey gimmick. useless

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never afford any of those fancy gadgets. I just have a 10 dollar cell phone xD;

    ReplyDelete
  13. hasn't this been rumoured for a while? and what will happen to apple without steve jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. with all these new upgrades coming out ill be broke in no time

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that it's getting closer and closer to becoming just a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. why would they upgrade the resolution, its already a small TV

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for the iPad2! I love my iPhone4, and finally have enough money for the iPad...just got to wait till the new one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Take PC, make with metal shell, complicate


    You now have a mac.

    Anyway, nice blog, I hope to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's odd the guy who ushered in the generation of the PC has been given credit for its destruction with the iPad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My mom has an Ipad. She'll be happy with the older one even if the new one comes out. Heck I still have the "old" Ipod Touch 3 :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the least fun/use for the most money I've seen so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I dont plan on getting an ipad so I dont have to worry about trying to keep up witht he 2nd ipad, and the next and next and next generation of ipads.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These things come out too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  24. another expensive gimmicky POS. I feel like I would rather buy a laptop for the 700 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  25. for that expensive no thank you, its basically a giant itouch and i don't want that either.

    good blog though adding you to morning coffee and following you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well if the last iPad is anything to go by this should be pretty popular. Hopefully OSX or something of the sort on it to draw me in. (Not a big Mac fan apart from the iPod)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought the iPad was ok; I'm anxious to see what kind of "improvements" they will have made.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll finally be able to afford the old iPad once the new one comes out...hopefully

    great stuff! followed!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i so much want the ipad 2, hope he wont be too expensive

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don`t like the idea of an IPad,but meh.

    ReplyDelete
  31. one more gadget to nerds spend their money on.

    ReplyDelete
  32. the idea of the ipad is interesting but im curious if it is possible to receive calls through it and use a bluetooth headset as the mic and headset only

    ReplyDelete
  33. what the hell is a point of an ipad its just a less functional laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  34. android is preparing something for the tablet war. it's siiiick!

    will follow and support for more updates:
    http://noobotorials-rocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahhh Apple. The first day you buy it, it's awesome.

    The next day they come out with the second generation that's twice as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  36. If i was minted i'd definitely buy one. You know with apple it will look good and work pretty well. But it's damn expensive for what it is

    ReplyDelete
  37. Get rid of the faults on the first iPad, then we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I still can't get into the ipad idea. i hope the ipad 2 is more refined and builds upon the successes of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. damn theyve sell lot of those...

    ReplyDelete